Tuesday, August 16, 2022

A Summoning, Part XXXIII




Part XXXIII
~Chariot~

I have a question for Fox. It should be simple enough that we don't need to formally meet for it, but I can if needed. Anika got this text not long before suppertime.
She quickly replied: I can at least read it and try asking, I guess?
Sure. The question is: 'can Sol's word be trusted?'
Okay, I'll see if she answers in some way, maybe in a dream tonight?
That'll be soon enough.


Prama's phone made the sound that meant her goddess was contacting her. Are you with Boreas at the moment?
yes what
(which was to say 'we're actually very busy right now'.)
I need her to pass a question to La Lune: 'can Sol's word be trusted?'
k

"Anything important?" the werewolf asked her.
"Zotha wants to know whether or not Sol's word can be trusted..from La Lune. So who's Sol?"
Boreas gave her the kind of look she might give someone who was taking a high-level physics course and said he didn't know what a vector was. "La Lune's brother, god of the sun? Maker of all those celestials?"
"Oh...right." That incident with Zotha's dragon friend slaying a demon had sort of slipped her mind. Well—not the incident itself, but the follow-up information about an ancient sun god just literally creating fully-formed adults and immediately giving them dangerous jobs to do. Okay, that too was fairly memorable; it was really just the specific name that had left her head since the day before. "Please bear in mind, I've been under the veil most of my life."
"Sure. Anyhow, Sol ain't exactly known for deceiving people. La Lune lies more often than he does, and our kind's known for being pretty honest ourselves."
"You think she'd lie about this question?"
"Nah."



The pack of three werewolves were sitting together, having supper. "Damon...there's, aah, something we really need to do...when you feel ready to try it," Sam said.
"Gmmhmmn?" her mouth was full at the moment.
"We need to, aah, basically, let your wolf side out. Have you change to full werewolf form. This, aaah, is probably an important step in your recovery, but more importantly—doing it willingly before the next full moon would make it much easier for you to stay calm when it's forced on you then."
"Mmnh." She gulped down some food, her expression looking slightly distressed. "I don't wanna hurt anyone, though..and I feel like the wolf still does."
"It wants to hurt me?" Onida said. "Or Sam?"
"Uhm..no...maybe, maybe not? I just..I don't..know."

"Sam suggested we could try to do this now, because apparently I'm very strong. So I could hold you down and physically keep you from hurting anyone while we calm the wolf side down, if I have to."
"Oh. I guess, that makes sense," she nodded. "But..w-what if I lose my mind again, and can't change back?"
"I guess we'd have to knock you out," Sam said. "But I really don't think that's likely. We're your pack, right? Your wolf side should at least recognize that much."
"We don't have to do this today, or tomorrow," Onida said. "As long as it's before the next full moon, right? And that's not for a while, still."
"Mmh."

Damon seemed to spend the rest of the meal quietly thinking about it, even as conversation between the other two turned to other topics. Finally, as they were getting up to put the dishes in the sink, she said. "I..I wanna try it. The...letting the uh, wolf out, thing."
"Okay," Onida nodded. "I guess...we should go to the living room for that?"
"You may want to be at your full strength," Sam said, "just in case. That is, aah..."
"Oh..my full wolf form?" The silver-haired werewolf tugged at her clothes, blushing slightly. "I'd destroy this outfit...or even any of what used to fit me before I shrank..."
"It's not really considered strange to wear nothing in werewolf form," Sam said. "But...maybe one of my big shirts would cover you and not bust off?"
"Mmmmaybe. I may still..damage it, though, if it's not quite big enough."
"I'll just lend you one I won't be heartbroken to lose, then."


Ten or so minutes later, Onida came back out with Sam's shirt draped over her—and wearing only that and underwear. She couldn't help feeling some embarrassment at such a state of dress, but it was better than nothing, right? Both of her..'packmates'..looked at her expectantly as she stopped near the couch and took a deep breath. "Okay.." She hadn't changed form once since the morning she first woke up as a giant werewolf, but it didn't feel particularly difficult, unnatural, or even uncomfortable, really. With only the slightest twitch of her will, silver fur rippled all across her skin and she began to rapidly grow: Taller, curvier, stronger. In a matter of seconds she was in full werewolf form, and...Sam's shirt was hanging awkwardly off her shoulder, draping itself across her enormous breasts, and still not making it as far down as her hips.

"Oh, woooow..." Sam was look up at her with a certain expression: blushing, slightly smiling, ears down in submission and tail wagging in friendliness. This only served to make Onida feel even more embarrassed.
"I know, I.." Onida paused, trying to get used to her voice suddenly being deep again. "I'm tall."
"You're really big—in more ways than one!" Damon said helpfully, maybe even a bit teasingly.
"S-so I've noticed...uh, come on, let's..." She made a slight gesture, and her sister came up closer. At this point she noticed that Damon was now wearing one of her own male-fit t-shirts, having presumably changed while Onida was doing the same. She glanced Sam's way, and she shrugged.
"We don't know what her werewolf form actually looks like, right? And growth is fairly common."
Onida just shrugged. "So, you know what to do?" she asked Damon. "I don't really know how to explain what I did myself, just...decided to look this way, I suppose?"
"Uhm..I-I'll try."

Damon closed her eyes, seeming to try to concentrate. Her expression turned into a kind of squinting wince with her ears folded down, and she gasped suddenly. "Rrgh..aaAAaahh..." Some fur erupted into place on her face, but she flinched uncomfortably at the same time, like it was painful. Seeing this, Onida immediately picked the small werewolf up into a close hug—obeying not any of her newfound wolfish instincts, but another, older one: That of Damon's sibling, of the person who'd half-raised her, of a member of her family who loved her and didn't want to see her in this (or any other) kind of pain.

"Ah..agh..ghh—! "Damon's body was very tense at first, fur appearing in random patches with slight spasms and pained cries. "Mngh, rr-rffh...!" Slowly but surely, however, her body relaxed and calmed in Onida's arms, and she slowly drew her own arms up to return the hug, pushing her face against the side of her elder sister's muzzle and wetting the fur with some tears. She gasped and exhaled sharply a couple of times as her body went through two sudden bursts of growth, each one making her taller and stronger. Then she let out a soft, high "Aa~ah, rrfh, rr-rufh..!" as the patches of fur joined together into a more even coat and she started to gain more canine features: Hindpaws instead of feet, pads on her hands, and a slowly growing muzzle. Her breathing steadied, and she let out a soft "Mm-mmnnnh..." as her body seemed to soften a bit, her hips and chest pushing their way out slowly bigger, and the change slowed to its conclusion.

"Rr...rfh..." Onida slowly set the other werewolf down; Damon was covered in fur of the same deep brown shade as her hair; she was slightly taller than she'd been as a male human, with some noticeably but not absurdly bigger curves and some obvious muscle tone.
"Are you feeling okay?" she asked.
"Awah..rrfh." Damon's head tilted slightly. "Rrufh? Arf." She seemed confused, and then worried, her voice coming out only in a series of half-growls and whines the whole time.
"You uh..you're having trouble talking?" Onida said, kneeling to be at eye level. Some tears forming in her eyes again, Damon nodded. "Sssshh, it's okay," she said, gently running a hand through her sister's hair. "At least you're in control, right? More or less?"
Damon whined in distress, but nodded.
"Then, it'll be all right!" Onida patted her on the top of the head a couple of times. "This is at least enough to get us through the full moon without having to worry, right? We can figure out the rest later."
"Rrfh." Looking mollified, Damon nodded again, then took in and let out a slow huff of breath.

She changed back much more quickly and easily, with no apparent pain. Then she opened her mouth and slowly tried to talk again: "I..can I...phew. Okay, I can talk again...that was scary."
"Your wolf side is as scared as you are, you know," Sam said. "Maybe that's a part of what happened the first time you changed. You must've been really confused and terrified, right?"
"Mmh," she nodded. "In...a lot of pain, too." Then she, unexpectedly, took another deep breath and began to change back to werewolf form again. This time Damon only flinched and jerked a couple of times along the way, and didn't appear to experience anywhere near as much pain as before.
"Getting used to it?" Onida said.
"Rrfh," Damon nodded, and shifted back to human once again. "T-trying to."

The alpha noticed a certain expression on Sam's face. "Thinking about something?"
"Hmn? Oh, yeah, just—I haven't actually tried going full-wolf as a girl myself, yet. Wonder what it looks like."
Damon shifted back and forth again, this time with only what looked like minor discomfort. "Well," Onida said, "nothing's stopping you besides the possible destruction of clothes."
"Heheh, yeah. Aah, I'll go change then, I think!"

"...Fffh. Okay, I need a break from doing that," Damon said. "I'll..be upstairs, maybe, take a nap or play a game or..something."
"Okay. Let me know if you need anything, though," Onida said. Her sister just nodded, waved, and headed for the stairs.
Sam came back in another of her own, male-size shirts. "That went..better than expected, I'd say. Maybe being with 'her pack' helped ground her. The hug didn't hurt, either."
"I'm glad," Onida nodded. "We'll have to figure out the talking thing, however..."

She trailed off, seeing that Sam had started to shift forms. Like Onida, the natural-born werewolf had no difficulty whatsoever, rapidly growing fur and canine features as her body steadily pushed itself upward and outward. Just like the two sisters, Sam grew substantially curvier as she shifted, eventually winding up a couple of inches taller than she was as a mostly-human male—which had always been pretty tall to begin with. This placed her height between Damon's and Onida's werewolf forms, and her bust size was similarly somewhere in between. Of course, since the shirt would've fit her as a human male, it now hung down off of those large breasts, failing to hide both the lower half of her midriff and her entire lower body, where a pair of boxer shorts hung awkwardly over her broadened hips.

"..Huh," she said, looking down. "Thought I might be smaller, but this is pretty much the same size as when I'm a dude. Hey, whad'you think?" she added, looking up and raising her arms. Her voice was no different from before; it seemed like Onida's voice changing with her form was somewhat unique.
"Well, you're...certainly...taller," Onida said, feeling her muzzle warm with a blush the more she stared. Even though fur did plenty to cover...things, there was still the fact that both of them were wearing only underwear and a shirt right now—and not even one that covered below the waist!
"H-heheh! I had no idea a big, strong alpha could look so cute," Sam said, getting a big smile on her muzzle and starting to blush back. She slyly moved herself closer and reached up to brush a little of Onida's—was it facial fur? Whatever it was, the feeling made the silver-haired wolf's blush get even worse.
"N-now, st-stop that!" she stumbled back slightly. "I...this is still weird enough to me, as it is."
"Oh...sorry about that." Sam dropped her hand and didn't pursue. "You really are gorgeous like that, though."
"Y-you don't look too bad yourself, but...no, I'm, just not prepared to do..things, like this." Onida quickly shook her head, and turned to go to her bedroom. "...Sorry."
"No no, it's okay. I aah..shouldn't push your boundaries, definitely not without your permission," Sam nodded.
"Thanks...I'm, going to change back..and change!" Onida fled back to her room.



Zotha got two important texts throughout Tuesday morning.

The first one was from Anika, sent very early into the morning, and it said: Sol is far too boring and 'duty-bound' to trick people unless he feels it's the optimal strategy for dealing with them. He has far too many more effective alternatives right now for him to be lying to YOU, and he certainly wouldn't risk his sister's wrath by assaulting you without approval from most of the rest of us. The two of them are the eldest and strongest of the gods, and an enraged La Lune is something NOBODY wants to ever see again.
A couple of hours later she sent: I guess that's your answer? I sent that in my sleep...

Later, Prama sent a photo of some notebook paper with more magic writing on it that only Zotha could read. That writing said: Sol is honest to a fault. He's not incapable of going behind people's backs, but he doesn't generally prefer to tell a direct lie. By the way, if this means he's invited you to his realm, then please let me know after you get back, for that would give me permission to do the same. I'd love to meet you in person sometime soon!

"So, I'm going to accept that invitation," she said to Jess at lunch after relaying both of these results to her. "Do you want to come with me, or stay here?"
"I'm coming with you, of course!" Jess replied. "What if he can break off the communication between us otherwise?"
"I don't really know what kind of protection you expect to provide, though," Zotha said. "I mean—at least if you're not in the same place, you could easily contact one of the 'messengers' of the other gods to let them know I'm being attacked or whatever."
"Maybe, but I think they'd find out either way. Sol's supposed to protect humans, right?"
"That's the impression I get," the goddess nodded.
"Well I'll be a human right there in front of him, who he'll have to kill himself if he wants to get to you. That's how I'll protect you, Master!" she said, putting a hand to her own chest dramatically.
"Pfff-hmhm," Zotha chuckled softly. "Well, if you say so. I really don't think there's much risk either way at this point. But I am curious what this is really about—if all he wanted to do was say 'thank you', then Stella could've surely relayed that message herself..."

No comments:

Post a Comment