Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The "Best" RPG Ever-82




"I ah, I admit I'm a touch nervous now.." On Mira's advice, the four of them had moved to the living room, Rast standing just slightly in front of a couch with the witch in the middle of the room in front of him, Lynn and Rayna sitting off to either side.
"You can back out any time if you want," Mira said. "Signed paper or not, it's no good if you're uncomfortable."
"Nah, it's just uh..feelin' like all eyes're on me is all," he said, rubbing the back of his head for a second or two.
"Likewise, we can leave if you want," Rayna said.
"...Nah," the wolf-man shook his head. "It ain't that bad. Sooner we get it over with the better, is all."
"Okay then. Watch me when you're ready," the witch said, nodding.

He nodded, looked down for a second or two, and then up toward her. Mira began channeling her magic as she did before, and the effect on Rast was immediate; his eyes glazed over a bit, his ears lowering to the sides of his head and his tail swishing back and forth slowly while the rest of him relaxed a bit. Once he was 'under her power', Mira stepped closer, and reached up to rub the top of his head and his ears a bit. Rast closed his eyes and gave a few soft, low barks as his fur brightened to purple, nearly white at the tips, and the same shade of purple spread down his hair. His bangs grew a little longer, but the rest of it actually shortened a bit, spiking out to either side as it did.
She kept her left hand up at his ears while the other one trailed down to his face; pink fire trailed along his skin, turning it softer and smoother, while a gentle downward push on the top of his head began a rapid descent of his height. "Mrr..mrf, rrRrf!" Rast continued to bark happily, almost obliviously, as his face turned smaller, rounder and cuter, and the witch's right hand slid on down to one of his shoulders; his height settled about half a head above hers as her left moved to the other. Then, at another gentle push, his shoulders narrowed and his frame tucked inward, rapidly slimming down. His shirt changed with him now, keeping tight to his shrinking torso with its hem pulling upward off of his stomach. Its sleeves detached as Mira ran her hands down from his shoulders to the rest of his arms, turning into a pair of gauntlets and pulling close as he gained slender arms and small, delicate hands, one held in each of her own.

Mira let go of his hands, and Rast dropped them to his side; her hands moved to the sides of his waist—fully exposed now due to his shirt shrinking into some kind of halter top—and pressed inward. He let out a small "Aa~ah" in between barks as his waist pulled inward, his hips pushing out at the same rate, and then a few more excited "Rrf!" noises as Mira rubbed his belly with her right hand and pulled him a little closer with her left against the back of his waist. Her tail curled forward and ran along his, from base to tip, turning its fur soft like his ears and giving it the same purple-to-white coloration. Now that he was this close, the fire spread from her skirt to his hips and legs, which caused his lower legs to slim down just like his arms while the rest quickly puffed outward even more, stretching his pants tighter and tighter as they went.
The witch brought her right hand back up to Rast's ears, the other one still against the back of his waist, and resumed petting him there while the change continued. His pants audibly ripped at the upper thighs, the leggings sliding down, losing a piece halfway to the knees, and then pulling tight just below there, combining with his socks and pulling tight. The pieces left behind turned into belts fixed tight against his lower thighs, while the shorts remaining at the top grew along with his bottom but stayed very tight, pulling even moreso between his legs.

"Mnh, mrrf..rr~rrf..!" The wolf-boy squirmed in place as his change of sex drew near, a bright blush on his girlish face. Then he let out a soft "Aaa~aaah...!" which began in his own voice but instantly flipped mid-way to a deep, womanly alto, at the exact same moment as he changed into a girl. Mira gently pulled off of her, pushing her back slightly and moving her hand to the center of the new girl's neck. She traced her finger down the middle of her flat chest, which made her shiver slightly, and then stepped back again, leaving her standing just in front of the couch. A belt and a fur trim had appeared on her shorts, as well as two belt-like straps across the top, one making up the bottom and another right down the middle of her chest. "Aah~rrf..RrRRf...rruff!" She barked softly as her chest budded, two small bumps immediately visible under the tight top, and then squirmed, her barks mixed with decidedly feminine sounds of enjoyment, as the tiny new breasts bloomed rapidly outward, stretching the top to what seemed like its limit only for it to begin growing along with them. "Mrrf, aah, aaAAaah~..rrf, rruuuf!" Her face was one big blush, her tail whipping back and forth rapidly and she wobbled in place as her chest finally stopped growing, giving a brief, gentle bounce as the massive pair of globes settled into place. Then Rast stumbled backwards and fell like a ton of bricks, butt-first, onto the couch, letting out a long, satisfied sigh as the witch's pink magic dispersed off of her body.

"Mnnh.." Her eyes were still closed and her ears still down as the blush slowly faded. "Mnnaah..?" Then Rast opened her eyes, blinking and looking around the room. "Aah. My..voice sounds awful funny," she said, sounding dazed. Then she finally looked down and seemed to remember what had just happened, as well as what came before that. "...Oh. Uh, r-right. Heheh. This does feel..real strange. Uh..?"

She brought up her legs and arms, looking at each in turn, and then finally looked up toward the witch. "Any..p'rticular reason for this getup? All the, ah, belts everywhere?"


Mira had her arms crossed, a contemplative look on her face. "Well, I got complaints the first time about what my magic did to Loren's clothes. So I tried to 'tell it' to go for something more masculine this time, which I guess that..technically is? I can't account for all the belts either, but I guess you can remove them if they're uncomfortable."

The wolf-girl tugged at the one on her left forearm. "How's changin' a person's clothes work in th'first place? All I had on was in three pieces, but this's gotta be at least ten?"
"I'm not sure, but you should definitely keep all of the pieces together when it changes back with you," Mira said. "I think otherwise it'd would leave you with torn or maybe just smaller clothes afterward?"

Rast pushed herself up onto her feet again, rocking back and forth briefly before realizing she wasn't having any difficulty balancing. At this point she finally looked around the room and remembered who else was present, drawing a somewhat deep blush on looking at Lynn. "Er..?"
"You look cute," Lynn said, getting up. "Really. Hot, even! I wonder why your hair color changed, though."
"I-It did? Uh, pardon, I'd like ta, take a look in a mirror," she said, looking around to everyone else briefly before running to the guest bathroom to look.

While she was gone, the witch looked to the fox-girl. "So, see anything special?"
"Hmn. I could see the name of the spell while you used it—or a name for it at least, along with a description. Also, the 'gender display' saw the male symbol fade back and be replaced by the female one, which is something. The former's still there, 'behind' the latter, which I assume is some kind of indication that it's temporary. Oh, and his stats didn't change at all, though of course his height and weight did..."

In the bathroom, Rast turned around, blushing again at her own new look. It was hard to believe what kind of figure she'd wound up with...and also a little annoying just how skimpy the top was. On the back it was just the belt-strap!


She sighed, turning back to the front again, and ran a hand through her hair. Seeing her own face in the mirror, surrounded by purple hair and fur...and come to think of it, that figure too...Rast's ears popped up as she realized what she was looking at.

She walked back into the living room. "You know, this's real weird. I look...sorta like my ma," she said.
"Oh?" Mira said, interested.
"Sure. Little taller, maybe. Her fur's the same way as this, though, and uh..proportions're pretty similar. Uh, this might be a bit bigger, maybe..." she added, poking her chest with a finger.
"Hmn. I suppose that makes sense. I guess it reads your gen-uh, what you'd look like if you'd been born female and goes from there to some extent," the witch guessed.
"How's a spell know that?"
"Well, how's your body know to look like your parents in the first place?" Rayna pointed out. "Same idea as that." Mira nodded; that was a good way to explain her intuition from genetics that Rast could understand.

"Oh, by the way, did it hurt at all? Or anything like that?" the witch asked.
"No..I-I think I'd stand by callin' it really..embarrassin' though. The ah..I dunno, how to describe how some a' that felt otherwise," she said, starting to blush again.
"Unlike most boys, you can now say you know a little bit of what it's like for us," Lynn said, grinning.
"It's not so extreme going back, by the way," Mira added. "You want to me to undo it now that our collective curiosity is sated, ooorrr...?"

The wolf-girl looked like she was considering taking her up on that offer, until her eyes settled on Lynn. She perceived a certain desire through the human girl's efforts to hide it, and shook her head. "Um..m-maybe I'll stay like this for a, little while," she said. "N-not long, though. I oughta—I can't very well stay here overnight or nothin', I should change back 'fore I leave and it'd look awful, s-suspect if I was known to stay a night over here."
"Mm, yeah, that's true," Lynn said, stepping just slightly closer. "I guess we should make the most of the time, then."
"I-if you say so, miss Lynn." Rast's ears lowered, her tail whipping back and forth again and her blush back in spite of herself. Rayna looked on with a slightly concerned expression, but Mira smiled at her and pointed in the general direction of the library.

The fox-girl cleared her throat. "Uh, we'll be in the library if you need us. Probably a good idea to discuss the rest of what I saw of the spell. Right."
"Sure." Lynn didn't look away from her transformed boyfriend, and they slid out, leaving the two of them alone.
"Heheh..um..my heart's beatin' faster'n usual," Rast said, looking slightly away and wringing her hands. "Y-yours too, I guess."
"Just—get over here." Lynn grabbed one of her wrists and pulled her over to the couch, sitting the wolf-girl down and placing herself right up against her.

"You have a super cute blush, you know," she said.
"Er..th-thanks...?"
"And that is a killer figure, seriously. I'm almost jealous."
"There's ah. N-no need for that, miss Lynn. I think you're um...a-a lot prettier than I am," Rast said.
"...You want me to pet you, don't you?" she said.
"Yes. Um." She looked away, surprised at the sudden answer, then back at Lynn again. "Well, I guess the body answers faster'n the mind does. I know you ain't uh, a beastfolk or nothin', so I didn't wanna make it awkward, but...I've s-sorta wanted somethin' like that for, a coupla days or so now.."
"It's a little weird to me, sure." Lynn shrugged. "I've been around Rayna my whole life, and she's made occasional, uh, advances, but I think I lack the instinct for it. At the same time, though..with you it's a little different."

She blushed herself, now. "Usually, you know, I d-don't really want to with you since I'm scared it could push things uh..a little farther than I'm really ready for right now."
"S-sure."
"But! We don't have that problem right now, do we?" she said with a slight smile.
"I uh..s-s'pose not..?"
"Great! Then.." Lynn slowly reached a hand over, and rubbed the wolf-girl's ears a bit.

"Mnh..mrr~rrf!" Rast leaned into it right away, her tail growing even more frantic than before. Lynn leaned in too, encouraging her, and they pulled together into a close enough hug for her to feel that generous bosom pressed against her own. "Mrrn..mrrf!" It did not take Rast very long to start vigorously nuzzling her cheek, too, and despite every reservation she'd ever had to this kind of gesture of affection before, Lynn was practically addicted to it right away. She nuzzled right back, running the hand not already busy with Rast's ears down her back to the base of her tail. When it made contact with fur and continued a short way back, the wolf-girl let out a more human "Aa~h...!" in the middle of all the dog noises and her grip on Lynn tightened for just a second. "MmMm~nnh.."

"Wha's the matter, you sensitive there?" the human girl said softly, pulling her face off just enough to speak.
"Mrrf..a-awfully so.." Lynn trailed her fingers along the base of the tail again. "Aaa~ah..!...Wh-what's..?"
"That's just how you make me feel, most of the time," Lynn said with a sly grin, and then brought both of her hands back up to the top of Rast's head, one to each ear.
"O-oh..mrrf..! I-it's..r-real nice..."
"That it is~..."



"'Seductive transformation'," Rayna recalled from her Sight just a moment ago. "Changes the target to a form fit to be drained by an Incubus.' No indication that it only works on men from my end."
"Well, sure. But the description made it pretty clear it has considerably less effect on a female. Just 'make more attractive', basically," Mira said. "And it's supposed to change boys into attractive girls, of course. 'Fit to be drained' because I guess Incubi are discerning about appearance?"
"Wouldn't be surprised," the fox-girl said. "It hooks up nicely with the female-only charisma bonus you have, and I imagine some later spells that can actually do the draining."
"Yep." Mira made a face. "I'm not really interested in those, though. I just want to make this spell do what I want."
"Or a similar spell that does what you want, right?"
"Of course."

"So you haven't really explored the 'draining' part of the tree at all?"
"I know the gist of it, but I get disgusted after reading some of those descriptions. The one time I've read that stuff all the way through was for making the written chart."
"I'm just saying—maybe there's somehting that 'drains' femininity and would leave a person male?" Rayna suggested. "Or, maybe some kind of transfer or exchange spell. Straight-up transformation seems like it might be difficult to maintain indefinitely, regardless of how strong you make the spell in question."
"That's..a good point, I guess," Mira said. "Nothing like that in the tree right now, but I've still got a lot of demons to go. Maybe one of the cross-spells will be able to do something like that."
"I believe there'll eventually be something I can do, too," the fox-girl said. "After Aria pointed out that mid-branch skill, I've been reading a lot of the top half a bit more carefully. Seems like I can monkey with all kinds of statistics I can see—and since somone's gender is something I can see, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to temporarily alter it with the right skill allocations."
"Interesting~," Mira said. "You might be able to turn non-cursed girls before I can. And if we figure enough out we could even combine our powers."

Rayna nodded agreement, and then looked vaguely in the direction of the door they had come from.
"..You're trying not to think of what they're up to, aren't you?" the witch teased.
"I can hear them." Rayna's ears folded down. "And I c.." she trailed off, stopping herself.
"Hmn?"
"Uh—never mind." The fox-girl shook her head. "Anyway, I'm happy for them. I think Rast has probably wanted her to pet him since their first date or so. But I'm also a little jealous, I guess."
"'Cause she won't pet you?" Mira said, getting up and sliding to the seat next to her.
"Sorta. We've been over why...what feels like a thousand times. It makes sense in my head, but my body doesn't exactly listen to my head all the time. From what my new memories tell me, that's kinda normal for beastfolk. It's why—when we try to adapt our way into human, or elf or whatever society, it can be pretty hard."

The fox-girl crossed her arms. "You know, it's even stupider than that. I'm not upset that she's petting someone else but won't me. That 'beast' part of me just gets jealous when anyone else is, and I'm not."
"So you want me to pet you?" the witch offered, only half-seriously.
"Yes." Rayna grabbed her shoulders, then realized how sudden that had been and loosened her grip slowly before dropping her hands. "U-um..I'd already decided to, again tonight. I've s-sorta made my peace with how odd it is, I guess. But of course we can't like, just go to sleep here or whatever, with you needing to put Rast back to normal eventually..."
"Sure. But I can be gentle, too~," the witch said. "Here." She pulled Rayna closer, and the fox-girl let herself be drawn into a close hug, blushing the entire way.

Mira simply ran one hand through the fox-girl's hair, the other one gently rubbing her ears. It didn't take long for Rayna to relax into the taller girl's arms and start nuzzling her cheek softly churring, again. Her thick, fluffy tail curled forward, around Mira's waist, and stayed there for as long as the petting continued.



"...Okay. I think that's everything I can clarify at this point," Katherine said. "There are contextual links to other memories—I can see that—but they're out of reach thanks to what I'm sure is mental magic. Pulling at them would be like pulling on a rubber band. It'd be forcing the issue, which we've established we want to avoid."
"Alright. At least I remember some of those conversations and the events around them a little more clearly," the shifter said. She pulled out of the cross-legged position onto her knees, and then popped to her feet. "Hey, everyone's probably done eating by now. You want some help with the dishes?" She offered a hand to the catgirl, who took it and used the assist to stand up.
"Sure." Katherine brushed off her pants a bit. Then her ears twisted around, listening throughout the house while her mental focus spread away from Aria's mind. "Uhh...hmm. We should take this hallway, and go straight to the kitchen," she said, turning and starting to lead the way.
Aria followed, but asked, "Why? Something...going on I should know about?"

The catgirl's ears folded down slightly. "I'm just going to say that Loren's warning that sharing a house with beastfolk can get awkward is..totally true, and leave it at that."
"Ooh. I guess Rayna's up to it with Mira again? And Rast finally got Lynn to pet him a bit?" Aria said. When Katherine didn't respond beyond continuing toward the kitchen with her ears still folded tightly against her head, she teased: "You want me to rub your ears so you don't feel left out?"
"No thanks. Let's just...get the dishes done and go upstairs, please." They reached the kitchen at this point. The shifter hadn't been serious, just trying to lighten the mood, but...she was in the top four people Katherine would be willing to ask if she ever somehow got desperate. It was weird to realize that, but she'd basically spent a lot of time inside Aria's head lately during the dream parties, and it made her feel like she knew her a little better than most. It also helped that what she knew, she liked.

They got to work on the dishes after that, although of course the psion was able to work much faster than Aria could. The company was more important than the help, in some ways: She felt kind of used to this sort of situation, and it felt normal to bear it totally alone, so having someone friendly nearby at all was nice. Besides, keeping focus on Aria's mind and the physical noise of the dishes themselves was enough to distract her from hearing—or 'hearing'—what was going on in the nearby rooms or especially upstairs in too much detail. Maybe after this she would go straight to her room and pop herself asleep before her primal animal side could get any more irrationally frustrated.

4 comments:

  1. With Rast comparing her current appearance with her mother, I can't help but be curious about everyone's parents in this world. Zack could still have family even if his order was wiped out, and Rayna and Lynn likely just left their families wherever. Nora and Mira wouldn't really have any attachment there, Aria's could have been around before she pulled the sword, Clera almost certainly would have also had some. Katherine was a 'stray' as she said, and who knows with Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Referring back to part 70: Mira and Nora are orphans (though they have not-blood-related people they think of like family/parents); Katherine and Zack both have parents/families that they're essentially estranged from; Rayna and Lynn say nothing in particular about their families, suggesting their relationship with them is unremarkable (so, not bad at least). Aria obviously has family of some kind, but doesn't remember; maybe Loren's mentioned them. There's no telling how long ago Clera originally lived to say whether her parents would still be around. Everything we've seen of dragons suggests they tend to be very solitary, so it's hard to say if the idea of 'parenthood' really applies to then in the normal way in the first place.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I remembered most of that. It was more of a curiosity as to whether any of them might become relevant in the story eventually.

      Delete
  2. Love to see an error happen and someone get suck in their new form after mira's spell. Part of learning is failing after all.

    ReplyDelete