Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Ren (A Midas Journal side-caption)

So this is something a little unusual. Basically I had an idea of something that happens in the same world as the Midas Journal story but there's absolutely no way to fit it into the narrative conceit of that story itself, and it's something that makes a very good caption. You don't really need to read the Midas Journal story to understand this caption or this caption to continue understanding that story, but they are both canon to each other. I'm not sure if this sort of thing will happen again, but feel free to let me know your opinions of the overall concept if you want.

4 comments:

  1. It was most certainly an interesting read.

    I think expanding the lore through side stories is a great idea! Your writing is almost always enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I really like this one! I like that it lets us see a bit more into the life of one of the other characters, and I especially like the idea of a succubus draining *masculine* energy from someone rather than taking all their energy and killing them. The way this one is presented is just really sweet and pleasant, which I could say about almost all of your captions and stories--that's one of the big reasons why I like reading them so much, especially compared to some other TG TF content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice, but how does he wear glasses? Wouldn't he need to use contact lenses or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic.

      Okay, more specifically, this IS something I've thought about. Glasses already support themselves OK on a person's nose to some extent, but that's probably not enough with wiggly animal ears. For people who can learn a little magic (like Kitsune), if they are happier with the look of glasses than with contacts they can learn spells to keep the glasses stable without the proper ears. For people who aren't talented with magic they have to pay extra money to get some kind of strap around along the back of their head or else a somewhat expensive enchantment with the same effect as those spells.

      I'd say this is less "This is declared canon" and more "this is the explanation I think would be logical and obvious in any world it fits".

      Delete