Saturday, May 8, 2010

Explanations (Story)

(Intended originally as a sort of introduction to Wolf, a semi-recurring character.)


Tera had long blonde hair, blue eyes, wore bracelets on both wrists and a pink watch on her favored hand, the left, and at the moment was wearing a denim skirt down to her knees and a white shirt short enough that her slim belly showed with “Princess” in pink across the chest. Her build could be described as rather hot; she had enough of an hourglass figure, smooth skin, well-endowed chest to be considered very attractive.
She was walking home from school, thinking about her boyfriend, Max. In particular, she was trying to think of when their first date had been. She couldn't remember. In fact, everything before about three or four days ago was blurry, like she was looking at a projector screen in a room full of dry ice. She disliked it even more; if they were in love, shouldn't she be able to remember their...their memories better?
She kept thinking, and decided to break up with him. It wasn't being fickle; now that she thought of it the attraction she had felt the past couple of days was just strange, hollow attraction, like a temporary crush. And he'd seemed a bit off and awkward as well, although he was generally kind anyway. She started to shift direction, moving to go toward Max' house instead.

As she was walking, there was an odd feeling that someone was following her. She turned around, finding there was absolutely nobody on their yards or in the street, and thinking that was even stranger than if someone was following her. “Whoever you are, quit hiding,” she said. If there wasn't anyone there it would just be her being silly with nobody to notice, but otherwise...
“Sorry,” said a man's voice from behind her, the direction she had been going in, causing her to gasp briefly and turn to look at him with a jerk. He was irregularly tall, by about a foot or so, and wore long blue jeans and a blank brown t-shirt, and also, strangely, a black top hat that seemed to be wiggling. “I didn't intend to seem like such a sneak. Nor to startle you either.”
“What do you want?” she asked; he didn't seem terrible but it was still strange for him to just show up like this; they'd never met, certainly.
“I'm here to help you out. Hm...It'll be easier if I just do it first.”
“Do wha..?” she started, and then suddenly memories started flooding into her head, replacing the blurry ones, all the way up to a few days ago. Only they were of her and Max as friends, and she was male. “Uh..wha?” she said, her mind suddenly accepting these as the real memories and discarding the blurry ones as fake. It [i]did[/i] make sense, if one looked past the fact that he would have to have somehow become a she. Her..his name was supposed to be Tran. She wasn't that different from the male version in personality, aside from being female. And the whole girlfriend thing, which the corrected mind was now rebuking itself for.

“Wha...how did this happen?!” she demanded, gesturing at the first obvious sign of femininity on her chest.
“As I said, easier to explain now. You see, your friend was overheard by a witch girl a week or so ago. Remember, when he was complaining he couldn't get any girls? She was very inexperienced, but tried to 'help' anyway.”
“By removing my memories and replacing them with cr@*?!” fumed Tara/Tran.
“I agree, her methods aren't exactly ethical. Precisely the reason I plan to confront the girl as soon as I've sorted this out.”
“Sorted this out? How are you going to do that? Wait, if you can tell that someone changed me you can turn me back right? Right!?”
“Yes, but calm down. There's still more to it. I have to explain what happened to your friend, Max. And you have to make certain you want to change back. An inexperienced changing spell like the one that was used on you can make the body more resistant to other changes, and if I turned you back to your former male self you might not be able to change your mind again.”
“Uh. Right then. So we're going to Max's house?”
He nodded and gestured for her to lead the way.

Max was sitting on the couch in his living room, dejected. He still had no idea how or why his best friend had been turned into a girl, even after searching the internet all night and walking around like a zombie two days in a row. He had napped through math class and now had a C on his test. He never made bad grades, ever. As if it wasn't enough that he beat himself up for that sort of thing, his parents' disappointment made it worse. He didn't really want a girlfriend, at least, not like this. Definitely not like this. He wanted his friend back.
He had a thought. Maybe, just maybe she would be reminded of being Tran if he explained what had happened to her. At the very least he needed to tell the truth, right? Or what he knew of it.
He got up and walked to the door, hoping to catch her on the way home from school, and when he opened the door there was Tara, with a fist held up to knock. “Oh, um. Hi,” she said.
“Tara, I'm glad you're here,” said Max. “I really have to tell you something, it may not make a lot of sense, but I've just got to say it. I mean...”
“Could we go inside and sit down first?” she said.
“Sure. Yeah. That'd be better.”

They sat in silence for a moment, and then he finally started speaking, having fully gathered the thoughts, if only enough to tumble them out of his mouth in random order. “Listen, I know this sounds crazy, but you used to be a guy. M-my best friend, actually, and your name was Tran. I was--I was just talking to you one day about how I couldn't get any girls, but I was just kidding around. I mean, I'm not very good at it but it was nothing to be so bent out of shape about. But two or three days later you came to school, and somehow I recognized you, but you were a, a girl. I don't know what happened, I...?” he stopped, realizing she had not a look of surprise or disbelief, but something more pensive. “Er. What?” he said.
“I know. A guy showed up on my way here and explained it to me on the way here. I just wanted to hear it from you, to be sure you weren't taking advantage of me,” she said.
“A guy? Where is he?”
“Hiding, I think. At least, that's what he--”
“Here!” said the man , appearing on a vacant chair and causing both of them to jump. He chuckled while speaking, “Sorry, invisibility is a bit too much fun. Anyway, as I already told Tara or Tran here, a horribly unrpracticed witch tried to fix your situation,” he pointed to Max, “and instead caused something serious because, despite some knowledge of physical changes she is no good with mental, and mental changes aren't very good anyway.”
“Wait,” said Max. “If she's not good at mental changes, how come everyone else treated Tara like she'd been born female?”
“I was kinda wondering that too,” said Tara/Tran.

“Ah. That's a complex part of life-altering magic, that not even the most experienced of mages have quite figured out. It seems the universe tries to bounce back when you alter a person's memory, but only when it wants to. It's picky that way; no one's really sure why it accepts or rejects particular cases.” He shrugged. “Anyway. I'm here to hopefully find a solution to this problem, perhaps even improve things beyond the original state. For starters, Tara says she wants to change back to Tran. Correct?”
“Yeah.”
“Please,” said Max, causing her to look at him. “I've been trying to find some way to reverse it on the internet since it happened.”
“That'd be how I heard of it,” said the stranger. “You're sure?” She nodded sharply. “Stand up, please.” She stood up, and he walked over to her. “Here goes.”

He said a brief few words in some alien/mystic-sounding language, and she started to change form. Her chest deflated, and her body frame rose up a bit, sharpening most of the round points. The skirt closed and fell down to her ankles, becoming pants, and the shirt changed color from white and pink to white and blue; the “S-S” faded off of the word “Princess” and her hair became short. The cute face became sharp and defined, and the curves moved in and out, adjusting to a flat shape. The bracelets and watch had changed also, at some point.


“Phew...” he said, putting his arm behind his head, “good to be back. Actually, I feel stronger than usual. Why's that?”

“When the witch changed you, she gave you a more ideal level of fitness,” the stranger explained, “my change was only to reverse gender, since I don't know exactly what you're supposed to look like. But it's still only as if you worked out a little bit, right? I'm not very good at degrading health.”
“Yeah, I s'pose so. It's kind of nice, actually. Thanks. I never want to be female again.”
“You may not be able to be,” said the stranger.
“Hmm, by the way, what is your name? You haven't mentioned it once yet, and seem to know ours.”
“I was wondering when that'd come up. My race is extremely old, as am I myself, ancient in fact. If I ever had a name, I don't think I remember it, and most people don't speak with me long enough to ask for it. I suppose you might call me Wolf.”
“Wolf? Why that?” asked Max.
“Hmm, right. Since you're instated enough in magical knowledge I suppose I can show you,” said Wolf, taking off his hat to reveal a pair of brown wolf ears sticking out in place of normal human ears. “Indeed that's why it was wiggling,” he said. “I have a tail also, but that's hidden by magic at the moment, don't feel like undoing it just to have to put it back again. Any more questions? I'm free to answer for some time, I think.”

“Sure,” said Max, “how do people manage to learn abilities like that? And why are you so good at it?”
“Hmm. Well, a lot of people are born into magical families, and some people are just born with abilities. Generally if you have magic someone else with better-trained magic can sense it, and might get you as an apprentice or just show you to a magic shop so you could learn on your own. But as for me, like I said, I'm ancient. I'm part of a race, possibly the very last one, whose born ability is the changing of others into opposite gender—specifically the opposite of my own. It is a part of my race, and an occasional unwanted side-effect that I try my hardest to avoid, that persons turned female by me will feel an irrational attraction towards my being. My race is very powerful in this, and can make such attraction impossible to resist. However, most are—were--not intelligent enough to make creative uses for this ability, and wound up being killed as forms of demons—sometimes called incubi and succubi by humans, though that would be on the misconception that their victims were that gender to begin with.
“As for my practice in these abilities, I generally tend to come upon people who want to be the other gender, and will usually help them out as a kind of hobby or charity, whatever you want to call it. I can't change my own, and neither can anyone else, and would very much like to try it, honestly.” He sighed slightly, before continuing. “But enough about that. I also will try to reverse disasterous effects of the misuse of that kind of magic, as I'm doing now, and chastise the persons responsible for such misuse.”

The pair of boys looked at each other and back at Wolf during the long-winded explanation, then both shrugged and nodded. He was very interesting, if strange.
“You're very interesting,” commented Max.
“..If strange,” added Tran. Wolf laughed slightly.
“I might visit you a few times later on, since you know about me. It'd be good to have some actual friends, I guess. For the moment, though, perhaps I should be going so you can absorb this information?”
“Sure,” said Tran.

Wolf got up and started to leave, and was interrupted by Max, who suddenly got up, saying, “Wait!”
“Hm?” he said, turning back around. “What is it?”
“Could you..make me a girl?”
“What?!” said Tran.
“I don't know, it just seems like I might actually like it. I mean, It was nice to know someone of the opposite gender I guess, but maybe..I-i don't know. It just kind of... feels right.”
“Well, if you want it, I guess I don't mind too much,” said Tran, “As long as we're still friends and there isn't any screwing with our memory.”

“Of course not,” said Wolf, “that's not how I work.” Then, to Max he said, “You're certain?”
Quietly, Max muttered, “U-huh.” He nodded, and then said, “Yeah,” in a more confident tone. “I mean, if I get to really hating it you could eventually change me back, right?”
“You, yes,” said Wolf. “Alright. I'll set the change to start as soon as I leave the house. You'll become something like your own ideal of a female—trust me, most people like that; you probably will.” He said a few unintelligble words in Max's direction, and then gave an odd, almost ninety-degree-angle bow, straightened up, and said, “Farewell. I'll visit you two...” he hesitated. “...In a week. Definitely.” With that, he walked out the door.

Max remained still and Tran watched, both waiting for the change to start. He felt some kind of movement in his stomach area, and then his body grew a bit shorter, reducing from a few inches above Tran to around five or six below. His stomach thinned, curving inward at the same time, and his undershirt started shrinking upward; his overshirt, long-sleeved and unbuttoned, only became a bit shorter. His jeans fell off as his body shrank, and then as his hips grew out his shorts started shrinking around them. His arms and legs became smaller and slender, his shoulders rounded out, and his face started to soften. He felt his hair falling down his back, and saw it turn from brown to a light green in front of him. He looked back down at his trunks, seeing that they had become legless, were becoming panties; and that he had somehow missed something being removed from between his now-curved legs. His undershirt was shrinking still more, pulling down from his neck and away from his shoulders, leaving only a strap on each side in between. His butt grew out, rounding just a bit, and his stomach flattened completely, creating a curve between the two; his chest started to poke out a bit as the shirt dipped and shrank more, turning into a bra matching the panties on his lower body. The chest grew more, fully becoming boobs and filling the new bra; the change was complete.



“Er...Max?” said Tran, staring at her up and down.
“Call me Maxine,” she said in a mid-range female voice, taking off the overshirt and blushing a bit as he looked.
“You're...you're hot...” said Tran.
“I know,” she said, taking the shirt the rest of the way off and giggling slightly before coming up to him. “So are you,” she whispered quietly, before pulling him into a slight kiss and letting him go.
“Er, there isn't any chance you're trying to 'repay' me for playing your girlfriend for a few days, is there?”
She giggled again. “Nope. I just like you,” she said. “As a friend, and I think more.”
“..Good,” said Tran. “Now go put some decent clothes on before your parents get home and think too much 'hotness' is going down.” He pointed vaugely toward her room and they both laughed a bit; she picked up the jeans (which had now become small enough to fit her) and shirt and went into her room while they both laughed a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment